Thursday, July 10, 2008

Super Excellent (SUPEX)



This week, starting from Monday-Wednesday, I went to SK Academy-Yongin city for the summer SK Global internship program orientation. In this orientation all of the interns from all SK groups from SK energy, SK telecom, and other SK company, are joined here to have orientation to know more about SK as a group. I really had a great time here, and I met a lot of new friends from all over the world. In my group especially (picture above-details can be seen here), we are all from different whole other countries; Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Phillipine, China, Germany, USA, Egypt, Kenya, Ghana, Sweden, Rusia, Kazakhstan, Irak, Pakistan, Netherland, And Turki...
There are a few lectures that we attended, but one special lectures was given by the CEO of Harley Davidson Korea. He explain about how "spirits in a product" is a very important factor. And also about passion which comes from the latin word "Pasus=pain", which means that passion is something that will change your life but it comes with a price. Another thing that I learned was about SUPEX-Super Excellent. Supex is the SK-way of promoting the excellence in SK people to achieve their maximum potential in their work. And I think it is a unique word, and has a very deep meaning in it.
Beside the lectures, we also had some other fun activities, like sports, body and mind training, hiking, and also wathing the SK wyverns baseball game.
I think I will be enjoying my time here for the next 5 weeks in this internship program...








No comments: