Wednesday, June 11, 2008

ISASC2008 conference - Jeju island



For the last 4 days, I have been away to Jeju island for a conference. This is my first time to be in Jeju island. In case you don't know, Jeju island (제주) is this small beautiful island on the southern most part of Korea, it's about 1 hour of flight from Daegu.
I went there with my professor (Dr. Yoon, Dang-Hyok), my lab mate (Lee, Jong hyon), and another professor and 2 other of my schoolmate. The conference is located in Hyatt hotel just beside a cliff with amazing view of the island.


We came there on Sunday afternoon (8th June) for the registration and the welcome party. I saw a lot of expert in the ceramics field, especially in Si-based material being invited there to present their works. We collected our batched and meal coupons, and it turned out that I was representing Korea, well that make sense since I represent my work under the university's name.



My presentation was on Tuesday afternoon. I was very nervous, since I was the only presenter who are not even hold a master degree yet. All presenter have at least a "phd" title with their name. I was so nervous that I couldn't really enjoy the beautiful scenery, the fresh air, and anything on the first 2 days of our trip. But as the schedule goes on, and as I presented my paper, which I think it turn out not too bad, I slowly can enjoy the beauty of Jeju island. Right after my presentation ended, I went out of the conference hall to feel and embrace the beautiful and the fresh air.


It was an amazing 4 days trip for me. Too bad I can't spend much time to see the attractions that Jeju has to offer. But still I did have the famous food (Hek-Dweji and seafood platter) and visited the Seogwipo resort, the botanical garden, some of the beaches and more a long the way from the airport to the Hotel. But there are actually tremendous amount of interesting places that you can see in this island. Well anyway, it was a really fun and interesting trip. And by the way, the seafood platter that i was talking about earlier, the shell fish is still alive when it was served in our table but it was deliciousssssss....







You can also view some of my shots on the beautiful island of Jeju, in my newly created album "Jeju-Perspective".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kunjungan kenegaraan bro,
tolong di link balik:
http://tarnus6.wordpress.com
sukses.....!

Parlin said...

sippp udah gw link kok bro...ada di ion009's affiliation